The Missio Global School of Ministry
In Your Church
For Your Church
The Missio Global School of Ministry is a partnership between Missio Global Ministries and local churches around the world. The MGSOM is a valuable and productive training program that is based in the local church. The School of Ministry is a proven tool that churches can use to equip their congregation and develop emerging leaders. The sponsor local church is the laboratory where the students serve and complete ministry projects. In this setting, the students learn from the experience and wisdom of their church leaders. The goal of MGSOM is to create a fruitful learning community in the local church that will develop future leaders and ultimately plant new churches.
unique aspects of the MGSOM
- MGSOM enables local church leadership to equip and mentor developing leaders in their church in the same way that Jesus trained his twelve disciples.
- The classes are taught by the local church leadership. It is not video-based training.
- MGSOM is a school of ministry, not just a Bible course. The host church is the laboratory where students serve and complete ministry projects under the supervision of the local church leadership.
- The curriculum provides a very thorough and balanced training experience by focusing on three domains of learning - what we call knowing, doing, and being.
- Because MGSOM is church-based and utilizes the resources of the local church, including the pastor and leaders, it facilitates the growth and spiritual maturing of the host church at a minimal cost.
- Students will be prepared to lead local church ministries, to participate in international missions, and even to plant new churches.
how does it work?
Missio Global School of Ministry is a three-year program designed to prepare students for the ministry to which God has called them. It is designed to fit into the busy schedule of a local church. Here is how it works:
- Classes meet one night a week (40 weeks per year) for a minimum of three hours.
- There are 36 modules (subjects) in the three-year curriculum, with 12 modules being completed each year.
- Each year consists of four quarters of ten weeks with each quarter covering three modules. Therefore, the MGSOM requires 40 weeks of classes per year, one night per week.
- The curriculum is uniquely based on three domains of ministry training: Bible knowledge (knowing), ministry skills (doing) and personal spiritual formation (being). In general, each quarter contains one class module from each of these three learning domains.
the curriculum modules
A. Understanding the Old Testament
B. Personal Evangelism
C. Who I Am in Christ
A. Understanding the New Testament
B. Discipleship and Mentoring
C. Life in the Spirit (the Spiritual Disciplines)
A. Basic Bible Doctrine
B. Leading and Growing a Small Group
C. Spiritual Warfare
A. Bible Exegesis & Hermeneutics
B. Financial Freedom
C. Spiritual Gifts
A. Old Testament Survey I
B. Preparing a Biblical Message
C. Marriage and the Family
A. Old Testament Survey II
B. Delivering a Biblical Message
C. Ministering Supernaturally
A. New Testament Survey I
B. Pastoral Ministry
C. Character Qualities of God’s Ministers
A. New Testament Survey II
B. Christian Counseling
C. Church History
A. Theology I: The Revelation of God
B. The Process of Leadership Development
C. World Missions and Culture
A. Theology II: Sinful and Sinless Man
B. Principles of Effective Leadership
C. World Religions and Cults
A. Theology III: Life in Christ
B. Leadership Multiplication
C. Initiating a New Church or Ministry
A. Theology IV: The Last Days
B. Ministry Growth Strategies and Administration
C. Conflict Resolution
Your church can host a Missio Global School of Ministry. Learn how!