Here is all the information your church needs to get started in hosting a Missio Global School of Ministry.
HOW MUCH TIME DOES HOSTING A SCHOOL REQUIRE?
- In addition to the three hour class, the student will have a book to read (where available) each quarter and ministry projects. It is expected that MGSOM requires seven to ten hours per week (including the class time and required Bible reading) to be successfully completed.
- For the instructor, an average of 30 minutes of preparation time for each module lesson will be necessary (especially the first time the module is taught), in addition to the class instructional time. For the modules that have a required book to read the instructor must also read the book.
- It is completely acceptable to have more than one instructor in each quarter, thereby dividing the preparation and instruction responsibilities of the modules among instructors.
WHAT DOES MISSIO GLOBAL PROVIDE?
- A MGSOM student binder with module tabs each year (in USA) and the updated digital copy of the modules for each quarter.
- All instructor support material, which will greatly assist the instructors in their class preparations.
- A representative for training on how to start a school as well as on-going academic and program support.
- A certificate in Christian Ministry to students who complete the three-year requirements of MGSOM.
CAN ANY CHURCH HOST A SCHOOL?
- Because Missio Global Ministries is an interdenominational training ministry, any approved church can host a MGSOM.
- For relational purposes, Missio Global is an affiliate ministry of Elim Fellowship (www.elimfellowship.org), which provides networking with a like-minded international ministry.
WHO CAN TEACH THE CLASSES?
- As part of the church application, the potential host church will be asked to provide the names, ministry training and a brief ministry experience of all potential instructors. Missio Global will notify the church of the approved instructors as part of the church approval process.
- Anyone who has completed the three-year MGSOM program is eligible to be an instructor.
- All church staff will typically be approved as long as they have some ministry training. Ministry experience may be substituted for a lack of formal ministry training.
- Church members who are not staff may be approved following the same guidelines as church staff.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? (IN USA)
- The host church will pay a $50 one-time application to MGM.
- Each student will pay a $25 annual registration fee to MGM.
- The students will pay tuition in the range of $100 to $150 per quarter ($400 to $600 annually) from which $50 each quarter is to be forwarded to Missio Global Ministries. The amount of tuition paid to the local church can vary from church to church depending on the financial condition of the congregation and community.
- The remainder of the quarterly student tuition should be used to cover the expense of copying the student material, a stipend to instructors and any other miscellaneous program expenses.
- The host church will collect all of the student tuition and pass the required portion to Missio Global in one quarterly payment. This is one of the responsibilities of the school coordinator.
- The students must also purchase the assigned book for each quarter. This cost is not included in the quarterly tuition. Electronic versions of the books are very reasonably priced.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BE A HOST CHURCH?
- Commit the attention, time and resources necessary to start and develop an effective MGSOM.
- Designate an administrative coordinator who will be responsible to copy and distribute the curriculum to the students, collect and forward student tuition to Missio Global and submit required reporting information.
- Have the direct involvement of the senior pastor. In order to achieve the purpose of the school, the senior pastor must teach a minimum of one of the three modules per quarter.
- Complete and submit the Church Application (which includes the Instructor Evaluation form) with a $50 application fee to MGM.